Monday, May 13, 2013

Pretty Polish Storage - Tutorial

Hello my lovelies!

Today I am very excited to show off my new polish homes and show you how you can make your own!


You will need:
1 x Ikea Helmer (£25)
1 x Cardboard box (Supplied with Helmer)
1 x Med Paint Brush
1 x Bottle of PVA glue & water (or Mod Podge)
1 x Old Plastic Container 
1 x Wallpaper Sample
1 x Stanley Knife

Step 1:
Fold a large piece of cardboard in two. Place the wallpaper sample on top of the cardboard and then place a drawer front on top of that. Using the drawer as your template cut around it with your stanley knife. Repeat this step 3 x times. 


Step 2:
This step can be done in two ways, if you have Mod Podge then skip to Step 3. If not mix 1 part water to 1 part PVA glue (School glue), this essentially makes a Mod Podge type of paste.


Step 3:
Using the paint brush generously coat the back of the wallpaper with the glue paste. Place the drawer front downwards on the wallpaper whilst applying some pressure, slowly lift the drawer up and the paper should be stuck to the drawer. Wipe any excess glue from the drawer and smooth the paper to remove any air bubbles. Allow the paper to dry (approx 30 mins) and then attach to the cabinet. 


Conclusion:
I am so in love with my little cabinets, they look very designer and I doubt anyone would guess they cost (£25!). Wallpaper sample was purchased from eBay for (99p). It is also worth mentioning that the Helmer is also available in red or silver


Of course I am not sure how happy my shoes are now they have to make way for my other obsession!


Comments Please...
I would love to hear your thoughts on my Helmers

No comments:

Post a Comment